Curb Appeal for Your Home in Spring
I know our weather often goes from winter to summer with very little Spring but don’t forget those Spring cleanup chores for your home and gardens. Curb appeal is vital if you are thinking of listing your home for sale but it is also very important even if you are not moving or contemplating a move. Pride in ownership requires a constant basic improvement plan for your home. You want to greet guests and family with the best curb appeal possible for those summer months ahead.
Here are just a few tasks that will give your home a summer WOW factor!
- Rake up dead leaves and winter debris from under and around the shrubs and gardens.
- Weed beds and get ground ready for planting flowers
- Trim shrubs
- Put a fresh layer of mulch on beds if applicable.
- Put spring fertilizer and the appropriate weed control product on your lawn. ( ask the experts what and when)
- Wash windows and doors inside and out!
- Wash outside patio furniture and get deck ready.
- Put a coat of fresh paint on the front door and garage is they need it. (Nothing worse than peeling faded paint greeting guests)
- Repair broken or cracked cement on front porch and steps and paint with new aggregate paint ((check with hardware store for prep work needed)
- Add a Welcome Mat to front door.
- Plant flowers in beds, containers or window boxes.( Not too early! Remember, before May 24 weekend, the weather is still iffy)
Now you are ready for summer and you have a home with great curb appeal and pride of ownership. Put the barbeque and the patio furniture out and enjoy the season!
- See more at: http://wayneliddy.com/4a_blog_post.php?post_id=33304#sthash.Qohb1pO7.dpuf
Wayne Liddy 519-436-4810 Royal LePage Peifer Realty Inc. Bokerage Chatham-Kent's Real Estate Expert. Deeply Rooted in Chatham-Kent!